MTHFR, HOMOCYSTEINE AND NITROUS OXIDE ANESTHESIA - RS1801133-GG, RS1801131-GT - Question 1

According to this report, I am less likely to develop high plasma homocysteine concentrations after nitrous oxide anesthesia, due to GG genotype for rs1801133 compared to people with other genotypes.
Has anyone with these genotypes had a reaction to Nitrous Oxide Anesthesia?

2 Likes

I hallucinate and pass out, and of course vomit. Fun times.

2 Likes

I am rs1801133-AA and rs1801131-TT and I get very nauseous and definitely vomit every time so I am careful to avoid it.

The book “Genetic Testing Defining Your Path to a Personalized Health Plan” that covers many genes, over 300 SNPs in great detail. The book is easy to understand while still being informative, and well researched. The is titled “Genetic Testing Defining Your Path to a Personalized Health Plan”, and can go along with a genetic report using 23andme raw data. Here is an article about MTHFR, which is found at the website for the book and the genetic report that can go along with the book. You can order the genetic report and book from this website. https://geneticdetoxification.com/what-you-need-to-know-about-mthfr/

there is a section in the methylation chapter of the book on nitrious oxide

2 Likes

I had a reaction to Nitrious, I got super happy and then crashed and became very depressed for months!

I had a nightmarish experience when I was 19. I list it as an allergy, but it was more. I haven’t had it again.