FIBROMYALGIA AND CHRONIC WIDESPREAD PAIN - RS941601-CT, RS746530-AG - Question 1

Do any of your have unexplained fatigue? I’m wondering if I have Fibromyalgia or Sjogrens. I was diagnosed with idiopathic hypersomnia last year.

3 Likes

Yes but these snps don’t mean anything so don’t assume your cause of fatigue is from fibromyalgia

My mother had fibromalgia

You may have Lyme disease or related disease. Check out rawlsmd.com there is a facebook group. It’s herbal based. Lot of success

Hi, I have both of these. I have had periods through my adult life where I have suffered from generalised muscular pain that has been limiting at times. These days I am not aware of pain daily, but my calf muscles in particular are exquisitely painful to touch. The rest of my muscles/body are also painful to touch. eg. I can’t tolerate my beautiful cat standing on me anywhere. The weight of her body through her feet is too painful. Interesting that Fibromyalgia may be implicated here. I also have been dealing with Breast Cancer since 1997 also on the list of possibilities…

In my case I have a multitude of medical issues along with these two, and think my fatigue is likely to be the result of a combination of my issues rather than a diagnosis in its own right.

My purpose for becoming involved here is simply to see if I can find little gems of information that will help me improve my quality of life, rather than try to diagnose specifically what the issues are.

I’ve started with the simplest areas first, discovering I may not be able at a cellular level utilize Vitamins B and A. So have begun taking them with amazing results, particularly with my fatigue.

I’ve only just joined here, but the journey so far has been so helpful. I wish you luck in your travels as well.

2 Likes

Fibro is usually untreated/undertreated thyroid!!
Www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/lab-values will explain the difference between just ‘in range’ and being OPTIMAL

I was diagnosed with fibromyslgia at the Cleveland clinic but I do not believe that is what it is.

Fibromyalgia for me ended up being Lyme Disease with lots of Co Infections . Armin or Igenex Labs are recommended for proper testing . Truthcures.org has all the science and fraud behind this horrible disease .

Don’t say theories as facts, it is not appropriate! “Fibromyalgia” is a name for a bunch of symptoms, and as such can vary between people and have very different causes. Technically I have “fibromyalgia” but in reality the pain and fatigue is cause by having EDS, but it still meets the requirements for fibro.

4 Likes

I so agree with RandomName. Often fibromyalgia ends up being a genetic disorder. In my case hypokalemic periodic paralysis with a side of ampd1 deficiency. So many disorders can cause the muscle pain and even stiffness often associated with the general diagnosis of fibromyalgia. I encourage everyone to look for your specific cause for your fibromyalgia. Treatment may vary widely based on the actual cause.

3 Likes

Several months ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.